Thursday, February 21, 2013

Akuma Blue

Currently listening to: Crown the Empire - The Fallout Album
Currently playing: Black Ops 2, Assassin's Creed 3, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Epic Mickey 2

Numerous years ago, I met someone. Someone that I never thought would have an impact on my life. When I met him, I didn't think too much of him, he was kinda weird, not like the others like him Ive interacted with for most of my life. He was obedient and not rebellious like the others. Even though with his larger than average physique and intimidating presence he could easily have had his way in most situations. 

Not exactly full of pride, and usually cowered when confronted, he was kinda pathetic in his own way. I suppose I could see the minor appeal in him, but for the most part, he seemed like a lot of work for little payoff, but the fates crossed our paths and I don't test the fate's wisdom, so I took him with me and let him into my life. Also seeing as this was his last chance at existing I was obliged to let him have his chance to leave his mark in this world.

The first night he was in my home he cried all night, needed constant reassurance, and basically I broke down and just let him sleep with me in my room. Took him a few weeks to adjust to his new life, our new life. As time went on, he met plenty of people who grew to love him and accept him for how he was. No one ever judged him and he got plenty of support and affection from friends and family. Slowly but surely the confidence and pride was surfacing.

Years went by, his health balanced between good and moderate, happy-go-lucky and always smiling and enjoying his new carefree life, everything was taken care of for him. I provided anything he could want, and in turn I grew to love him and got attached to him. After awhile he developed a habit to wander off by himself and explore the area around him, curiosity gets the better of any man after awhile. I never worried about this habit, because he always came home and besides being a bit tired, nothing bad ever happened.

One day he did go for a walk, he never came back on his own merit. Unusual for him to miss dinner, I decided to look for him. I found him a few blocks away in an alley, bleeding, unable to walk, and cuts all over his face and one near his eye. The icy blue eye was now stained crimson. He cried and looked at me with desperation. My heart broke. I picked him up and carried him across town, he wasn't light, but I wasn't gonna stop for anything. Brought him home and let him heal the wounds, every time he tried to stand up on his own strength he screamed in pain, it was hard to watch, but there was nothing I could do but watch.

He healed eventually, but he was never the same. I don't know what happened to him, but it had to be traumatizing to him. Not what he came to Canada for. 

Years later I tried to find him a friend or partner he could share his life with and grow to love. His first friend was taken away from him just as quickly as it was given. I felt really bad, but it couldn't be helped. It was what it was. Year or two later another friend was found, she was a weird chick, but something all good men need is a weird girl to balance them out. However throughout the years his health has declined from the accident and his lazy lifestyle made him gain some weight. His eyes changed from icy blue, to bright painful crimson red, to hollow, dead, onyx black. She never cared, but he was unable to really keep up with his younger and more physically fit friend. One day while spending the day with him, I noticed a weird growth/pressure on his chest. 

The doctor finally got the call to look at it. Its possibly a tumor, either fatty or cancerous. The news hit me hard and I became depressed as I feel responsible for his decline in health. I wasn't there for him enough and I let him down. He requires surgery and Ive been working as much as I can to pay for any medical bills that comes his way. Its my obligation and my responsibility to take care of him and provide for him. I fear that even if the surgery is a success, he might lose a piece of who he is.

Since Ive known him he has never picked a fight with me, he has never been mean to me, and he has never talked back to me over anything. He doesn't always listen to me, but that's not unusual for someone like him.
Ive only seen him get mad once, and the dead hollow look in his eyes showed me that their is hidden anger and pain from years before our meeting. I noticed loud, gun-like noises will make him stressed out and tense. I don't know how many years he endured his old life before I met him, or why someone abandoned him and left him to die, but those things don't matter to me anymore. 

Ive cried with him, I've opened up to him, I've endured hard years with him, and at one point in my life he was all I had, and the only thing that kept me going day to day. I refuse to lose him before his time is done in this world, and if I have to endure countless hours of my life to him and go broke to help him I will. This is my resolve, he's more then just a friend to me, more than just family. He's a part of me. He's a kindred spirit, and a soul mate.

He is Akuma Blue, my faithful and loyal companion, he is not just a mere dog to me. He is the other half of me.

No comments: